Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sunday - update from Scott

I got here around noon - dad was awake and alert and had been weaning since about 8 or 9 am.

It took me a minute to find him because nobody told me they moved him to a different room for some reason. This new room is a bit smaller, but he has a better view of the TV. Not sure why or when they moved him.

It's now almost 3pm and his O2 sat has been around 98-99 and even hit 100 a few times. Can't do much better than that.

The nurse says his bedsore is looking really good with whatever treatment they've been doing for it.

This is probably the most awake and alert I've seen him in quite a while, so I've been talking to him quite a bit, giving him as many updates as I can think of. I showed him some pictures of Zane and Alison's baby on my netbook. He seemed to enjoy that.

The nurse gave me a cup of ice chips and I pretty much fed him the whole cup until it was gone. He really liked it and wants so more. He normally complains that his mouth is dry and all I've been able to do for him in the past is a little tap water on a sponge/swab. This has to be a lot better.

I'll post another update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter